All the opinions expressed here are my own.
You can follow me on Twitter if that’s your thing. I am a lazy Tweeter.
Impact Investing and Philanthropy
I support start-ups and non-profits that focus on equal access to education, tolerance, or community development. Sometimes I donate money or time to these organizations.
- Embrace - Saving babies! Doesn't get better than that.
- Pomona College - Further educates brilliantly smart kids, and doesn't let them all become investment bankers. The ones who do become bankers have a sense of community anyway, so win-win.
- New Village Charter School - All women's school in Los Angeles doing great work.
- Prep for Prep - helping kids succeed in college and beyond, by giving them a solid foundation in an independent high school, and counseling.
- Kapor Center: Brothers Code - The Kapor Center focuses on "gap closing" endeavors. Brothers code seeks to close the tech knowledge gap by teaching young men how to code.
- Clef - An Oakland based start-up that is doing great work in their local community.
- 5C Hackathon - Inclusive hackathon put on by Pomona College.
I work at Google, specifically on Google Play where I run Commerce engineering. This includes the hardware store, where we make next gen toys like ChromeCasts, Nexus phones and tablets, Nest Learning thermostats, Android Wear watches, Chromebooks, and Google Glass available to customers everywhere. We also run the digital store for Play, where you can buy Books, Movies, Apps and Games, Magazines, and Music.
We’re a customer focused store, so we like to make our content available to our customers on whatever platform they choose. While we think Android works best, we provide great experiences for customers on other platforms like iOS as well.
Google is a great place to work! You should work here too. LinkedIn
I owned a few start-ups back in the day. Sold. Small exits.
The one consistent factor in all the stuff I’ve worked on is it’s all cutting edge. I never get to tell people what I’m working on until after it’s launched. First world problems.